Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Movable Type Recent Comments

I've always wanted my blog to have a recent comments list on the sidebar because it would then tell me who has been commenting and on which post. Unfortunately, blogger.com doesn’t have that feature built into its standard settings for some reason. The next best thing, of course, was to google for it and see if I could find a complementary gadget that would do the same trick without having to resort to moving this blog.

I did find something even though its not a complementary gadget. It’s a post by someone who found an ingenious way to get around this little oversight of blogger.com. The main gist of it is to set-up a second blog that would collect all the comments made and then add a javascript of the RSS feed of this second blog to your blog template. Its relatively simple and pain-free to set up even though I would prefer that the link to the recent comment points back to the specific post instead of to the second blog. Still, it’s a good start until something better comes along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home