Friday, August 12, 2005

WA Trip (VII)

21 Jul 05
Perth

Woke up nice and early as we had to visit Hubbz's uncle who lives in a old folks home in Perth. Breakfast at the macdonalds down the street in order to save time. Mackers here is so much better than that in singapore. They have very wonderful looking deli style sandwiches which made me drool.

LIttle Bird
"A little guest at our table"

This will be my first time meeting Hubbz's uncle so we brought him some fruits as a gift. Turns out that he was in hospital recuperating from some flu so I didn't get to meet him afterall. Its also the first time I heard about his colourful history. Interesting man indeed.

Meeting up with the rest at noon, we head out to visit Kings Park since we had the car. Got flower crazy again. Tsk tsk. Here's proof hehehe.

The

Shades of Red

Pansy

We didnt stay as long in the Park as I would love to as a suggestion was made to head out to Subico for a spot of shopping. Its a supposedly trendy little suburb with great shopping. Trendy yes but definitely a disappointing shopping spot unless you are pregnant. The pregnancy clothing here are definitely very interesting and very wearable but the rest of the shopping --> bleah :P

It was time to head back to return the car before 5. Walking back towards the hotel after that, a quick decision was made to adjorn to James street for dinner. A wanted to bring us to a restaurant they patroned a couple of years back on their trip to Perth so we hopped onto the free CAT service. Great place this city. They have free shuttle services that spans most parts of the city centre. Good for the tourists like us and really convenient for some of the local residents too who lived along the CAT routes.

Chandelier

A Fishy Affair

Seafood feast for 2

Dinner @ A fishy affair. Greek seafood restaurant with a pretty nice ambience. The seafood though was just like the restaurant name - a fishy affair indeed. Perhaps the chef had a one-off terrible day with seafood (The seafood here is supposed to be pretty famous) but meat dishes are definitely recommended here.


22 Jul 05
Perth

Slept in late and had a huge breakfast at Pancakes at Carillon. Its the Perth equivalent to Sydney's Pancakes at the Rocks. The pancakes are definitely just as good and they sure bring back memories of my uni days.

Spend the rest of the day shopping at a huge discount outlet mall -> Harbourtown. Bought heaps. Essential and non essential stuff coz the discounts are so amazing. We didn't even finish walking the whole place when we had to leave so we vow to bring the guys along with us tomorrow.

Watched Quidam tonight. We were planning to go watch in Singapore but I have been so slack with buying tickets and now I'm very glad for my laziness. It does pay off sometimes :D
AU$79 for centre front row seats. Seats like that would have cost $220 back home!!!! It was a full house and so we figured that some corporate bigwigs probably didn't need or want the tickets and it was let out for last minute purchases. Yippeee.

Quidam
"Illegal shot since photography not allowed inside"

The show was SIMPLY amazing. This is the 3rd Cirque Du Soleil show I've seen so far and I loved every one of it. A and hubbz thought the theme was a bit too dark and depressing but I thought it was pretty ok. Yeah I know I'm just bias. I even got 5 minutes of fame (perhaps less) when I got pulled up to "entertain" the audience during the clown segment. I was supposed to play a girl who had an affair with this hunk (played by another audience. Cute one. Too bad not tall enough.) and got found out by my fiance who got so mad that he shot my lover dead afterwhich I was supposed to get really depressed and killed myself off with poison. It sounded simple enough except that I forgot the second half of what I was supposed to do while watching the others prance around the ring. Forgot to get depressed. Forgot about the dying by poison bit and then when the "director" repeatedly shot me with a gun, I forgot to die. Thats when I realised I would never make a good actress. Ah well, Hubbz says "This is the closest you will ever get to having an affair so you might as well enjoy it while you can."

Dinner afterwards was at food court. Yucks. Never ever eat chinese in a Perth food court. Trust me.


23 Jul 05
Perth

Breakfast at London Court today. Quaint surroundings, good food. The caffeine fix was wonderful for warding off the morning chill.

London Court

The entire afternoon was spent shopping. First at Harbourtown then off to a highly recommended swimwear discount outlet and then later in the city centre. Got myself so much stuff that I won't have get anymore for chinese new year! I must say shopping in this city is super cheap.

Pale Beauty
"Shopped but still have time for snaps"

We were craving for soupy asian noodles after that horrible stuff that passed itself off as chinese fare yesterday night and almost did a jig on the streets when we spotted this japanese noodle house (in a dodgy alley near our hotel) that was still opened.

Noodle House

We were the last customers but thankfully they could still do food orders. We had ramen in miso based soup, ramen in pork bone soup, california roll, tempura and katsudon. The food was devoured with great gusto and it didn't disappoint. Yummm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home