Friday, August 19, 2005

Don't worry

Was having a chat with my colleague at lunch about her two daughters whose characters are as different as day and night. The older daughter is more reserved and quiet while the younger one is bright and chirpy. If you ask them both how their day was like, the older one would just reply ok while the younger one would regale you with stories about her teachers, her classmates and the various interesting things she did during her recess breaks. Her day might not always be hilarious but she seems to have a knack of making even the smallest event seem fun and interesting. The mom puts it down to a combination of high EQ and a sense of curiosity about life in general. She also wished that her older daughter would be more like the sister.

I remember a time when my own mom used to gripe about me and my brother’s indifference towards whatever is happening around us. She also liked to ask how our day was and when we said ok (period), she would go bang her head on the wall. Not literally of course. Sometimes she would ask (on purpose) what we did for the day and our answers usually won’t veer too much away from wake up, eat, go school, do work, eat, sleep. That’s when she will start to spew blood. Obviously, we didn’t see anything wrong with our answers. After all, that IS a general summary of what we did everyday. Perhaps that’s why I always find it difficult to find something to blog about unlike others.

Now that we are heaps older and earn our own money to waste spend, we no longer give “wake up, eat, go work, come back, eat, sleep” answers even though that’s how I still feel my life is sometimes. Some people even think that I have a sense of curiosity about life in general seeing how I always seem to enjoy whatever I am doing. So I guess I would just like to say to my colleague “Don’t be too worried about your elder daughter. I’m sure she would grow up to be just fine.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home