Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Exercise

Just got back from a kick boxing session with tintin (my aerobics instructor. That's not his real name btw) and a 2.5k jog at the gym. The effort would have been even more worth it if I had been a good girl and ate something light for dinner. Instead, I cancel out all that huffing and puffing with this..

Dinner....
mmmm fried chicken...

You know when your 魔鬼訓練 (exercise regime from hell) has paid off...

when you gone from stage 1 --> huffing and puffing 5 minutes into the session. By 15, you start to wish you were died and at the end of the 1 hr class, all you can do is crawl into the change room whimpering and swearing that you will never again take this instructor's class. Your legs have by now start to feel like jelly and you have trouble taking even the escalator.

to stage 2 --> Huffing and puffing only after 15 minutes of workout (not bad. got improvement). Curse and swear (silently) at the instructor 30 minutes into the session because he was standing at the stage repeatedly shouting "biceps, sides, push, all the way up, elbows, cross it, lift" while you are below trying to follow orders and not to die from the pain in your arms in the meantime. At the end of the session, you still wish you were dead and your legs still feel like jelly and you still have trouble taking the escalator but hey, at least you didnt swear that you never wish to see the instructor...ever again.

then to stage 3 --> Wondering at 15 minutes if instructor is sick today because the workout feels easy. Huffing and puffing at 25 minutes. Curse and swear (silently) at the instructor at 45 minutes because his abs exercise doesnt seem to end. At the end, your legs feel a bit like jelly but you haven't wish you were died and after 30 minute of rest, you feel fine enough to tackle some gym stuff.

to my current stage --> Smiling at 15 minutes because you can see the other participants from the mirror and you know they are at stage 1. Wondering at 20 minutes if you should switch from the purple (lighter)weights to the green ones next session. Start huffing and puffing only at 45 minutes. Rest for 20 minutes at the end of the session to go jog 2.5k.

Now all I have to do is to figure out how to lay off all that calorie laden stuff I seem to eat afterwards....

3 Comments:

Blogger chocokat0718 said...

Hee hee... I feel, for me, after a hard work out it's a good excuse to eat anything because I've been pushing myself so hard. Even though, in the back of my mind, I know that eating something healthy after all that work is best. That fried chicken really does look delicious, though!! :D

4:56 pm, August 25, 2005  
Blogger eyes said...

I always console myself that I am only exercising so that I can eat all that I want without having to upgrade my wardrobe once every few months :P

11:26 pm, August 25, 2005  
Blogger chocokat0718 said...

Hehehe, I know what you mean! ;)

1:59 am, August 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home