Saturday, September 03, 2005

Break time

The computer at home has been acting up the last couple of days. Every time I tried to upload stuff to flickr, it tries to load for 5 minutes and then tells me the page cannot be found…#(&^%(@)&^]

Wednesday night was even worse. I couldn’t even get the flickr login page to work. Even msn.com couldn’t be loaded. I also couldn’t view any blogs at all. That’s when I decide it’s a sign for me to retire early for the night. Good thing I had an exhaustive workout in the gym otherwise I would probably still be staring at the ceiling after an hour. I am wondering if its all that anime stuff that hubbz been downloading that’s making my uploading stuffed up or it’s Hurricane Katrina that’s causing some problems with the connectivity with US sites or perhaps Starhub is angry with us for some reason or perhaps the computer at home just decide not to like me at all. Guess we will never realise how extensive and integrated the internet is with our lives until the day it doesn’t work. I can’t imagine living my life now without the internet (or the other truckload of electronic gadgets I use on a daily basis) and yet it wasn’t really all that long ago when I first got introduced to the internet via mirc.

2 Comments:

Blogger baobei said...

are you sure its not all so long ago??

I rem i 1st irc-ed in 1994.. and this makes it my 11th year !!!! *faint*

5:54 pm, September 06, 2005  
Blogger eyes said...

Yeah its my 11th year too but it really didnt feel like that long a time though.

12:00 am, September 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home