Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I'm that girl

Inspired by that guy

I’m that kid who first wanted to be a policeman then a soldier and then an astronaut as my library of new words increased in that order.

I’m that sister who told you that there is no such word as skeleton because I am your older sister and if I have never seen the word before then it must be non-existent.

I’m that same sister who later found out that the word did exist but was too embarrassed to admit that it was my mistake so all I said was “hmpff”

I’m that woman who when the going gets tough wishes that she is still 15 and when the going gets tougher, wishes she is 2 years old.

I’m that toddler who apparently sat through a full 8 course wedding dinner in Taiwan and demanded to be given regular portions from all 8 dishes which resulted in you being scolded by your mom for trying to overfeed me.

I’m that same toddler who taught myself how to use chopsticks at 10 months because I was too impatient to wait to be fed.

I’m that little rascal who so exhaust my uncle and aunt after one afternoon of babysitting that they vow they will never have kids.

I’m that friend who makes a better listener than talker.

I’m that person who looks confident and collected on the outside but is actually a wimp inside.

I’m that same person who ran the stanchart 10km last year and will be doing it again this year even though I absolutely hate running

I’m that girl whose sense of direction is heaps better than most guys I know

I’m that daughter who found it easier to tell you “I don’t know” than to go into great details as to why I don’t ask my husband what investments we have at the moment, how much they are worth and how much the companies he invested in is making etc etc.

I’m that daughter whom you worry can be read by others like an open book or as you always like to say “Your intestines form a straight line from mouth to anus” (roughly translated from mandarin)

I'm that wife who wishes sometimes that I was still single even though if I had to get married all over again, I'll still choose you.

I'm that woman who married you even though all I ever wanted in life was my own car, my own house and my own dog and no husband.

I’m that daughter in law who is finding it more and more difficult not to roll my eyes and give a shart retort whenever you go into one of your how to be a good Christian wife sermon.

I’m that daughter in law who is wondering what will happen if one day I told you that I never was a Christian, am not interested in becoming one and only pretended to become one because your son says you want us to have a church wedding.

I'm that employee who wrote this during office hours when I should be concentrating on generating protocols instead.

Yes I'm all the above.

6 Comments:

Blogger baobei said...

lovely..

11:16 pm, September 27, 2005  
Blogger chocokat0718 said...

Wow, this is so neat! I can completely relate to you on a lot of things...! Such a small world.

6:30 am, October 07, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was quite lovely.

I just hope your mother in law will never see this blog ever. ^^

ps. what does a good christian wife need to do?

4:54 am, October 12, 2005  
Blogger eyes said...

Hehehe thanks guys!

@chocokat: Guess we are all not that different afterall :D

@wata: No worries about my mother in law reading this. She never venture into the cyberworld *Whew*
Good christian wife....emmm get my hubby to go church every week, ensure that he doesnt stray from christianity, pray on a regular basis, listen to christian radio programs....etc etc..

12:14 am, October 14, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eyes

I guess that's totally not you...a christian wife. ^^ But you are a good wife, cooks yummy food.

7:52 am, October 21, 2005  
Blogger eyes said...

Haahahaha definitely not me at all.
Well guess everyone's definition of a good wife is different.

11:32 am, October 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home